Wednesday, September 15, 2010

When I Get Home, I'm Never Doing Dishes Again

I always knew I hated doing dishes.  Even when I was a kid I hated it.  That's why I chose to do the household's laundry when Daddy said we had to each have our own chore to do.  I love laundry.  Dishes though....I'd almost rather die. 

So imagine me having to wash my own dishes every day....  I'm not enjoying this one bit.  I only have one dish, one bowl, one frying pan, and one sauce pan.  Which means I have to do dishes at least once a day, but sometimes twice if I cook for breakfast or lunch and then want to cook for dinner as well.  It's a royal pain in the ass.  It's what I least look forward to every single day - it's not even missing Mocha and Carl really badly before I go to bed: it's doing my dishes! 

And let me tell you, I'm not very good at it.  I feel like it takes me forever to do a few dishes.  So instead of taking up space in the kitchen, I've been doing dishes in my bathroom sink if I only have a few.  It's horrible, such a pain in the butt.  And my hands feel pruney!  And you all know how much I hate germs and I'm handling a sponge!  If I had lots of money I'd use a knew sponge every time I did dishes!

Oh my gosh, I'm getting all worked up over this now.  Let's change the subject to something else I can get worked up over: I had to buy nail polish today at Monoprix.  I swear to God I packed my red nail polish, but after searching and searching and researching for it I came to the conclusion that I left it at home.  So out I went to Monoprix to buy pink polish (cuz what girl would chose red when she can have pink instead).  Firstly, I couldn't find the perfect pink (also known at Avon's Strawberry Pink).  I ended up with super hot, shiny pink, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I wanted Strawberry Pink!!!!  And to top things off, there was no polish under 5Euros unless you wanted the tiniest little bottle of nail polish I've ever seen in my 21 years!!  Not cool!  And then I tried to find soap cuz I'm almost out and I couldn't find it.  I swear to God, Monoprix does not sell soap.  I'm gonna have to find some tomorrow.  I might have to go to the store in the mall.  Thank you Monoprix!  Thank you soooo much!

One more day of my first week of classes.  Hallelujah!  It hasn't been a bad week, but I just want to get it over with!  My schedule is looking like this right now: morning class and afternoon class Mondays and Tuesdays, off Wednesdays, morning class and afternoon class Thursdays, off Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.  I had originally planned on having one class Wednesdays and one Thursdays, but I messed up the times for the literature class today so I'm going to the one tomorrow instead (it's the same class, just different times and we're reading different books).  So it works out for me.  But I feel like I'm going to have a crapload of free time.  Where is Sears when you have so much time on your hands?  They loved putting me on the schedule when I had 6 classes and mad homework to do!  I actually want a lot of homework just to pass the time, otherwise I'm gonna either be sitting around a lot or spending money going out to cafes and what-not.  Oh well, it's better than having a lot of classes, I guess.  But really, I'm finding a job right after Christmastime, I can't stand not doing anything (never thought I'd say such a thing!).

I should go to bed soon, I guess.  But my hands are still so pruney and I'm gonna have to get them wet again to get ready for bed!  Ahh I hate you dishes!!!!  If I could buy a little dishwasher that plugged into the wall, I'd be all over that shit!  $500?  Sure, no problem, here ya go!!  Wash my dishes!!

Luvvies and wish me luck in my dish washing....,
Heather

5 comments:

  1. LOL washing dishes isn't bad! I always thought it was kind of therapeutic and "meditative". It's relaxing to me, anyway. Yeah I realized in France too that I wasn't gonna be nearly as busy as I thought. Best thing to do when you have no classes is walk around, go to the library, anything as long as you get to be around people speaking the language :) even go into town and just walk the streets. It's so pretty (at least in La Rochelle) in the city anyway :) Or you could take more photos of randomness and the city itself or start journaling outside or something to pass the time. Mwahs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have ur dishes, I have my laundry! That's all I'm gonna say about that, except that there's a reason why I didn't fight u over doing dishes!! lol, a lady told me a word i said was 'bien prononce' today! so happy! yea, emily and i have been doing lunch once a week and there r french ppl who use my kitchen so im starting to hear more of it (plus classes started). theres so much to do in the city, so im sure ill find something to do when im bored!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you really had to have that strawberry pink nailpolish heather? lmao, love you<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes shannon, yes i did. so much that i bought a tiny-ass bottle of pink nailpolish for a ridiculous amount of money!! someday you'll understand!!

    ReplyDelete