Friday, September 17, 2010

Kelly was right - Aquariums are AWESOME!!!!

Not gonna lie, when Kelly said she went to the aquarium in La Rochelle a lot, I kind of asked myself, why would you want to go to the aquarium??  Not having been to one in a really long time (I don't even remember my last trip to the aquarium), I shouldn't have judged.  I went with Emily to the Montpellier aquarium today and it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!  I saw seahorses (real live seahorses - they are so flexible in real life!!  They wrapped their tales around plants and napped!!), sharks, penguins, sting rays (RIP Crocadile Hunter), EELS!!, starfish, crabs, lobsters, tropical fish, and just a million amazing things!  Emily and I befriended a fishy who would come over to us everytime we went near the tank!  He had teeth and loved us!  I took a picture, so that'll be up shortly.  We also saw scary sharks with creepy teeth and 2 with saw-like noses!  Soooo cool!!!!!!!!!!!!  But my favorite parts were: a submarine-type room (I obvi took a pic of that!!) and a room that looks like you're steering the ship and there's a storm and the room rocks back and forth like you're on the ocean during the storm and there's a screen so it looks like it's pouring out and there's thunder and lightening and at one point something "came undone" and went flying into the water.  Emily couldn't be in there for long, but I loved it!  I think Daddy would have just loved it!  So yes, I love aquariums now!  I want to go back!!

We went to the aquarium today because the weather was supposed to be crappy and we didn't want to go to Carcassonne if it was crappy out.  But the sun ended up coming out!  Yes, it was chilly (yay!!), but not crappy and rainy like it was supposed to be!  So we went for lunch (crepes!!) and then to the aquarium and then I sent some postcards (finally, sorry) and then we went to Monoprix so I could buy some soap (it's orange flower and smells oh so yummy!) and another notebook for school.  Then we parted as she had a tummy ache and I was exhausted from all the aquarium excitement.  Then I talked with my darling on Skype and made dinner (pasta with bolognese sauce - amazing!).  Then I watched an episode of CSI and washed my dishes *sigh* and a french girl came in to make herself some food and said bonjour and au revoir to me!!  Lol.

So my classes went well yesterday: I had poetry of the 16th century in the morning.  We will mostly just be reading Ronsard because he spanned a long time and 3 different kings, so his style changed with the times.  The prof seems really nice and said she'll work something out for the foreigners as far as the evaluation goes.  Then in the afternoon I had comparative literature and my prof looks like Justin Sane in 15 years.  And I mean EXACTLY LIKE JUSTIN SANE!!!!  He would probably even wear the same clothes if he wasn't out in public!  Same height, same build, same voice - it's creepy!  I'm convinced it's his doppelganger, just 15 years older..  Kelly, I will try to pretend I'm texting someday and take a pic for you lol!  I'm serious, it's creepy!  He walked in and I was like "woah, now!"  Freaking crazy!!

Anywho, that class should be good.  We are focusing on praise and desire and seeing if you can write about one without the other.  So we'll read Shakespeare (parts in English!!  I feel bad for the French students lol) and some Plato and Petrarque, which works out, because in my poetry class we will be referencing Plato's Le Banquet (that's the French title, I don't know what it is in English), but not reading it.  And we'll be reading it in the other class!  And we'll be looking at Ronsard in my comparative literature class!  This works out great for me!!  It's kind of like when you pick a bunch of random classes at Buff State and they all end up talking about the same things within days of each other!

Tomorrow (Saturday), I have some plans: groceries, textbooks, purse.  I figure I'd rather get my groceries out of the way now rather than wait until half-way through the week like normal when I'm almost out of everything.  And as for textbooks, most classes only want me to get 1 or 2 cheap books and then recommend other ones for reference.  So I'll get what I need and see how much some of the reference books are and if they are cheap I'll get them, too.  For example: we don't need a book for history, but I might take a look at the 3 books he recommended in case I can't follow along well enough; I'm gonna take a look at the 16th century literary dictionary for my Ronsard class; and there's a book we'll be referencing in my comparative literature class but won't be reading, but since it might be a difficult class I think I'll get that, too.  And for Anthropology, we can choose like 3 out of 4 (I'll choose the 3 cheapest, lol) and then there's a list of other books we can look at if we want to.  So for right now, I'm just getting what I need for that class and then if I need anything else I'll either go to the school library or see what they have at Sauramps (book store).

And I would like a new purse so I don't ruin my scarf by using it as a strap.

And if I have time I'd like to get cleaning supplies to clean my room!

I hope everyone is doing well.  And I expect comments on each of these last 3 posts this weekend!!!!

Have fun boozing and cruising, Kelly *muahs*

*kissies* to my Mocha

Luvvies,
Heather

6 comments:

  1. I love all the photos and stuff you added to the blog!! Especially the header one! Too cute!! LOL that fish wasn't smiling at you guys, it wanted to eat you with it's big teeth!! OMG the Justin Sane this is SO creepy!! I'm gonna have to do some doppelganger research and see if they can't age and change languages..hm..this is interesting. And um yeah, aquariums are great, love the discription of the submarine room!! I went it one too, and that automaton museum me and marsha went to! Booze cruise was fun, btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I just realized that in your "about me", you totally went all L&O ;) "These are my stories" dun dun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yea i was waiting for someone to notice my l n o reference!! let me know about the doppelgangers. its just too creepy!! and lol, apparently when im bored i make my blog pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have to say i'm super jealous about the aquarium. i love aquariums!!!! and you saw louis in his natural habitat =] how adorable!!
    justin sane? wow. weird. you should ask him if any of his relatives lives en francais ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oui, but i should ask if they live en france, cuz en francais is in french, not france lol. who's louis??

    ReplyDelete
  6. good question heather. i was wondering the same thing.

    ReplyDelete