Monday, November 22, 2010

The Final Stretch!!!!

So, here we are: I have 27 days until I am home :)  Not counting this week, I have 3 weeks to go!  I have ONE more Medieval History class!  I also have my Shakespeare Exposé next week, December 2.  The only plus side to that is that it'll be December!  But I just sent that prof (the Justin Sane look-a-like) an email saying I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.  So hopefully he gets back to me tomorrow and we exchange a couple e-mails until he realizes it would just be better for both of us if I just write a paper instead.  (Wishful thinking). 

News update that I totally forgot about: there is a boy in that same class who looks EXACTLY (and I mean EXACTLY) like Rabbit in U-571.  I'm not talking about older version of Justin Sane, I'm talking about you could probably re-film the movie with him in it!!!!  Kelly, you must know exactly what I'm going through - only you could understand!!!!  I want to take a picture, but that would be really weird.  But everytime I watch my favorite actor ever, Will Estes, in U-571, I'll be reminded of this french guy....  Absolutely crazy: TWO doppelgangers in the SAME CLASS?!?!  It can happen people: this is proof!!

Anyway, I had a perfect time with Carl.  Arles was wonderful.  I also had a great time with Marsha and I cannot thank them both enough for loving me enough to fly across the ocean pour me rendre visite!  Merci à vous deux!!  *kissies*  I would go into every last detail if only I had the time!  Alas, I have so much to do, and it seems to have crept up on me out of nowhere!

Let's see, the to-do list:
  • Anthropology: finish reading a huge section of a really boring book.  There are a ton of words I don't know, so I look them up and it's the same word in English.  Problem is NOT solved.  Also, finish reading another book (the whole thing this time).  It is easier to read, so that's good, but the main reason why I haven't succumbed to the torture is the lime green cover.  It's what keeps me going, seriously.  In-class essay for the final, but I don't know if it's in 2 or 3 weeks....
  • Comparative Literature; I have the *dreaded* exposé on the 2nd.  Followed by in-class essay in either 2 or 3 weeks, he "wasn't sure".  Isn't it your job to be sure, Mr. Older Version of Justin Sane (mind you, I would never speak in this tone of voice with the real Justin Sane).
  • Poetry: Originally, I would have had to write a dissertation on a poem by Ronsard to hand in on the last class day (December 9th).  But grâce à la grève, she doesn't think we have had enough time discussing poetry (I've spent MORE than enough time discussing poetry, thank you VERY much) to write a dissertation, so now I have a "reflection" due the same day.  What exactly is the difference?  I believe the dissertation would have had a question to answer.  For the reflection, I just need to analyse the poem to the best of my ability.  I will be putting "Je suis américaine" on the top of this paper for suresies.
  • Medieval History: nothing really.  I have to look over my notes and then 2 Mondays from now I have to answer some short-answer questions in class.  We're not exactly sure about this, so I'll be emailing him later this week to be sure of what exactly is going on.
  • Grammar: nothing really, again.  Mondays, we learn more grammar stuff (yay!! --note the scarcasm--), and on Tuesdays, we do writing practice.  So we'll continue with that for the next 2 or 3 weeks, have a little test, et fini. 
I'm looking forward to the end of this.  It's been a long time!  It hasn't been a bad time, but I'm more than ready to come home.  I can't believe I have to finish buying Christmas gifts already, and start shipping stuff home!!!!  I hope you're all ready for me ;D

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful read as always Heather. Interesting avec humour! It's hard to believe it's been only 2 weeks since we were together in Toulouse! It feels much longer. I hope you have time to enjoy the delightful XMAS decorations in your beautiful Montpellier's old city. I bet things are jazzed up beautifully now. Like Kelly last year, how fun that your loved ones back home will receive presents from France for XMAS! Speaking of presents, your sweet little music box is played daily. "Sur le pont, D'avignon...!" I have it in a special place in our kitchen along with a few other treasures. It will forever remind me of our lovely days in France & Spain. I think of you all the time & look forward to seeing you again before too long. All my love, Marsha xox

    ReplyDelete