Monday, August 30, 2010

Mmm, Crinkled Chips!!

I'm so excited that I went grocery shopping today!! Especially since I'm buying a pot and pan tomorrow at IKEA at L'Odysseum, so I can finally cook something! I'm still extremely overwhelmed, though. There's so much to choose from! I always wanted to do my own grocery shopping, but it's so much harder than I thought! I tried making a list, but it can only help so much. I think that once I get into the groove, I'll be able to shop a little easier. I've been looking up easy recipes, so that'll come in handy.

So we went to Avignon yesterday. Le Palais du Pape (the Pope's Palace) was gorgeous and HUGE (hahahaha I don't miss those commercials). I was soooo in my element! Let's get a big old house like THAT! It was gorgeous, though, seriously, and I was so tempted to buy a pen with a knight on the top of it, but didn't. I figure if I go back with Carl or go to Chateau de Biron, I can get it. After the tour of the palace, Emily, Colleen, and I went to a restaurant called Hiely Lucullus. It was sooo French and so high-class!! We thought they had a fixed-price menu, but apparently its good everyday but Sunday, which is the day we were there. So instead of being really awkward and leaving, we decided to stay. It was still mad awkward. We were clearly tourists in our shorts and tank tops, and everyone else there was older and dressed nicely. But we stuck it out and ordered 20E lunches. I tried ....*ahem*.... Foie gras. Yes, I tried goose liver. Colleen said it was good, plus it was the cheapest thing on the menu, so I tried it. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't something I'm dying to try again anytime soon. It was just weird - I've never had anything like it before. What made this whole experience even better was when a couple came in, looked at the menu, and left. It made us look golden!! Thank you couple!!

Kelly and possibly Shannon will appreciate this: there was a Syngenta plant on the way to the vineyard after Avignon. "Syngenta are killers, k-k-k-k-killers!"

So yea, I'd love to go back to Avignon. I'm thinking a day trip with Carl would be wonderful!!

After Avignon, we went to the Domaine de Donadille. There was a vineyard and vegetable gardens. Apparently it's a school that teaches that stuff to teens and adults. In fact, they grow the veggies and then use them in the cafeteria! I had a taste of rose wine, and it was pretty good, but it's no Beringer White Zinf!!

Kelly: I have been seeing more and more Saabs!! Carl: I saw a Mazda 6!! And a bunch of Nissans, but they are all ridic smaller than yours!!

I got my first reusable bag today *does a happy little dance*. It's not Monoprix (sorry Kelly), but it is for a grocery store. It's for Shopi, which is kind of on the way home from school, plus if I have a lot of groceries, like today, I can just take the tram back. And I'm going to IKEA tomorrow, and Emily says they have huge ones there. Def getting one!!

I feel like there was something else to tell everyone, but I forgot. Oh well.

One thing I hate: bagging your own groceries. I'm used to Tops where there is an extra worker at the end bagging them for the person cashing you out!! Come on, France, get with the program!!

And if you didn't notice, I bought crinkled potato chips!!!!!!!!

Loves to everyone, especially Gramzie and Mocha! *major hugs and kissies*

I'll post again soon,
Luvvies,
Heather

2 comments:

  1. Oh trust me. Bagging your own groceries gets WAY easier, to the point where when you return home, it feels weird and awkward to Not bag your own groceries! I miss it actually..
    LOL for the AF reference! How did I know that'd be coming up?! I've actually been hearing a lot about the World Bank at school ("The World Bank are killers k-k-k-k-killers!" Yeah..

    Oh-Ashley from French said in Montpellier by the train station there is a bakery with the BIGGEST pain au chocolat ever! So look out for it and try some for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bakery thats like attached to the same building?! Cuz we went in there, but didn't buy anything!! It'd by cool if its the same one!

    Question: what recipes did u make. Cuz I have to figure this out. I bought couscous and rice and I'm gonna buy pasta and sauce. But I just wanted to know what u found to be easiest n any other tips lol. Let me know!!

    luvvies.

    ReplyDelete